Summary of geotechnical data collection
- Communication with organizations to share available data for summer field campaign planning.
- Met with several agencies in July 2019 to obtain data access.
- A Western data sharing agreement was developed and shared with agencies upon request.
There is an ongoing effort to obtain available geodata from agencies and municipalities.
Field data collection
- The second project field campaign occurred throughout Metro Vancouver during July 1-31 2019.
- Four local British Columbia undergraduate students from the University of British Columbia (UBC) were hired and trained to assist in data collection.
- Over 500 MHVSR measurements were performed at locations in a ~600×600 m grid across the region in July 2019.
- Multi-sensor seismic arrays including AVA and MASW were performed at 43 sites in July 2019.
- The hiring of UBC undergraduate students to assist in field data collection enabled ~100 more MHVSR measurements than in 2018.
Detailed processing and analysis is currently underway.
Locations of all 2019 field measurements