Summary of geotechnical data collection
- Communication with organizations to share available data for summer field campaign planning.
- A Western data sharing agreement was developed and shared with agencies upon request.
There is an ongoing effort to obtain available geodata from agencies and municipalities.
Field data collection
- When travel and provincial restrictions on COVID-19 eased, a team of five Western personnel travelled to Vancouver to perform a fourth and final project field campaign from July 11-31 2021.
- Over 225 MHVSR measurements were performed at locations in a ~600×600 m grid across Surrey, Sea Island, Iona Island and at co-located borehole locations elsewhere in the region.
- During the fourth field campaign, multi-sensor seismic arrays including AVA and MASW were performed at 19 sites in Surrey and 1 site in Tsawwassen. Compression-wave and shear-wave refraction surveys were performed at select sites.
Detailed processing and analysis is currently underway.
Locations of all 2021 field measurements